If you’ve been living under a rock for the past months, then you’re excused for not knowing about the reboot of Queer Eye for a Straight Guy (by Netflix, of course). The new show still features 5 fabulous (Fab 5!) gay men who take men in dire need of makeovers under their wing.
Naturally, we can expect only the best shoe tips for men from the Fab 5.
FN recently sat down with Tan France, the resident fashion expert of the group, and got his top shoe tips for men.
Let’s distill the interview into bite-size pieces.
Tan’s best shoe tips for men
- Streetwear: Filling Pieces (Scandinavian brand)
- Formal: Cole-Haan, Dolce & Gabbana and Kirk Geiger
- Sneakers – Chuck Taylor, preferably in white
- Ankle boot – good for casual or formal depending on what you wear it with
- Black or brown shoes for formal occasions such as weddings and funerals
Where to shop for shoes
- Department stores like Neiman Marcus or Nordstrom. His reason? They have a wide selection. Simple as that.
If you have no clue about shoes, or you simply need a nudge, everything you know is up there.
Bonus: On style in general…”Fashion and footwear [styles] depend on where you live. I’m in Salt Lake City, not the kind of place where you dress up.”
Oh, and if you haven’t seen it yet, make sure you check out Queer Eye for a Straight Guy on Netflix. You won’t regret it. We promise.